Unto What Were We Called High Priests
1/31/15 HP Group Lesson – Roy Barrus
First Ourselves, Then Our Brethren (Families)
- Alma 13:12,13 prepare ourselves to enter into His rest
- Alma 13:6 teach others that they also might enter into His rest
- 4:9 teach thy sons and thy son’s sons
- Moses 6:58,59 teach children of God’s plan and atonement
- 2 Ne 25:26 that our children may know to look for a remission of their sins
What Shall We Teach? HOPE!
- 2 Ne 9:7-10 infinite atonement
- Alma 33:4-11 mercy because of thy son
- Mosiah 28:4 infinite mercy
- Moroni 10:32-33 the grace of God
- 2 Ne 4:15-45 oh wretched man that I am
To Whom Does it Avail?
How will we know?
- 3 Ne 27:20 sanctified by reception of the HG
The correct understanding of God’s true nature, purposes and doctrines; lead to hope, faith and salvation. However, we cannot obtain (by grace) a sure knowledge without personal sacrifice.
How Shall We Gain This?
- 2 Ne 32:9 pray always
- James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom
- 2 Ne 32:3 HG will show all thing to do
- D&C 36:2 … my spirit, the HG, the comforter, shall teach you the peaceable things of the kingdom
What Can We Know?
- D&C 42:61 revelation, knowledge, mysteries, peace, joy, eternal life
- D&C 76:5-10 mysteries, wonders, secrets, understanding, wisdom, enlightenment
- D&C 84:46-48 the spirit giveth light and the Father teacheth the covenant
What Will Be the Result?
- Numbers 11:29 Would to God that all the Lord’s people were prophets
- Jeremiah 31:34 all shall know the Lord
Consider what we must be doing to make this a reality in our families.
May the HG teach us all things that we should do, until we enter into God’s rest. Then, may we lead our families, that they might also enter into His rest, is my faith and prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.